tiistai 7. elokuuta 2012

The Chocolate Heaven Sunday

 
Howdy! 
We had a great weekend by kicking off my vlogging on YouTube. For those of you who haven't seen the video, click the link Rocky Road Bars and check it out!
I got some great feedback form you, my chicsters, and good improvement ideas especially from my daddy-chicster. So thank you all so much for your support and hopefully there will be even better videos in the future. :)
 
Back to the Sunday's action. I decided to start off with something easier for the beginning to get into this world of baking vlog. I got this recipe from the book "The Hummingbird Bakery Cookbook". As soon as I saw the picture of these amazingly delicious bars I said to myself: " This is going to be the first episode of Chictastic Baking."
I left some ingredients out just to modify the recipe a little bit to look more like me. Like I also mentioned on the video, I didn't have time to convert those measurements for that occasion. Therefore I give them to you here:
 
1 kg / 2,2 lb  Milk chocolate
100 g / 3,5 oz  Marshmallows  
175 g / 6 oz  Chocolate covered corn balls
100 g / 3,5 oz Dried apricots
2 x Mars and Snickers bars
2 x Kismet bars (or Kiss Me bars as my boyfriend likes to call them :D)
 
Unfortunately I had to cut of the tasting part from the video since it would have been too long for YouTube. I still have to figure out some things in editing and filming so I hope you're patient with the little flaws there might be. :) Anyway, the bars were overall irresistible! I thought they would be way too sweet but I was proved wrong. The kinda salty peanuts in those Snickers bars brought amazing flavor in them meanwhile those squishy marshmallows gave nice color. So in total, once you ate one you couldn't resist to take one more... and maybe even one after that :D Even my brother complained that "why don't they sell bars like this in the stores." 
 
Some great news from today also: I finally got the two books from library I've been craving for! The cutest possible book about Cake Pops "POP Bakery" and the macaron book "Pariisilainen macaron-leivos" including 77 different recipes of those colorful treats. I've been so excited after reading those over and over again, trying to pick up the most interesting and cutest ones to be baked for you guys!
 
So have a chictastic time and check out the new video soon!
 

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti