keskiviikko 15. elokuuta 2012

They see me rollin'


Great Wednesday for you all! :)
 
Since my brother started his freshman year in high school, it inspired me to bake something for him. I know from experience that those long 8 AM to 4PM can be very tiring so instead of making him sammiches from boring normal bread, I made these. Honey oat rolls. I bumped into this recipe accidentally while surfing on the mysterious world of Internet and the first thought was "well, why not give it a try!"
 
I remember making rolls like this at school many, many years ago. Unfortunately the only memory I have from that is how awful they tasted. Well actually, they didn't taste like anything. That is why I haven't been so into baking bread or bread related stuff ever since I got out from jr high. 
Today, as a matter of fact my friends, today was my lucky day! The rolls came out just perfect! They are squishy, they are moist and the most important fact: they taste SO good. I would say that the recipe had a great part of this. The honey is the key word. Even though there was only 1/2dl (about 1/4 cup) of honey, it made the difference. The recipe said that there were going to be about 20 rolls but fudge that. I got only nine since I thought that one of those little ones wasn't going to fill him up. He's a teenager for God's sake!
 
Basically you bake them like any other rolls but here's the incredients:
1/2l (2 cups) Liquid (milk, water or even beer)
50g (~1,8 oz) Yeast
5dl (2 cups) Rolled oats
1/2 Tbsp Salt
1/2dl (~ 1/4 cup) Honey
~7dl (3 cups) Flour
50g (~1,8 oz) Melted butter
 
Anyways, the rolls are great and I have to say that I have some troubles to keep my hands off them. Although I COULD blame on our dog if something happend to them... :D
Alright, see you next time chicster!
 

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti