lauantai 20. lokakuuta 2012

Muffins to muffins




Hi there!
On this time, I decided to try a different style to approach my next eatable art work. I simply just dug my way through our kitchen shelves and compared those ingredients I found to different recipes. I got A LOT of muffin cups and different kind of nuts in my hands so I decided to make some simple tosca muffins. Tosca is the term for the topping which includes sugar, almonds and butter. Just FYI (; So let's get started!

Muffins:
4,5 dl (1,9 cups) Flours
2,5 dl (1 cup) Sugar
2,5 tsp Baking powder
0,5 tsp Salt
2 dl (0,85 cup) Milk
2 Eggs
2 tsp Vanilla sugar
75 g (2,65 oz) Melted butter

Tosca:
50g (1,75oz) Butter
50g (1,75oz) Almond chips
3/4 dl (1/3 cup) Sugar
2 tbsp Cream
2 tbsp Milk



Heat up the oven to 200°C (400F) and sift the flours, sugar, baking powder and salt into a bowl. Mix them well and then mix the milk, eggs, vanilla sugar and melted butter in another bowl. After that, mix the flours into the egg bowl. There, you have the dough now! :) 
Next we're going to make the tosca topping.


Just basically melt the butter and mix the other ingredients in it. Boil it up quickly so the sugar melts and you're done. Then you're ready to fill up the cups and bake them but here's a couple of tips before you do that. I like to use a muffin tin and cover those cups with the paper cups so it's easier to take them off and there's less dishes afterwards. Also when you're filling them -- make sure that you don't fill them all up with the dough because there has to be some room for the tosca. Otherwise you end up like me. I've used to fill them all up to get really puffy muffins so I forgot that and it pretty much overflowed. Because of that, they got all sticky from outside since the tosca was all over them. Oh well! :D


So bake the muffins for 20-25mins in the middle of the oven and make sure with a toothpick that they're also baked from inside. I got 12 normal sized muffins with this amount of dough. Remember that if you're making mini muffins or large muffins, the baking time changes with them.
12 normal sized muffins = 6 large muffins = 24 mini muffins.
Large muffins need 25-30 mins in the oven, normal ones 20-25 mins, mini ones only 15-20 mins.
In my opinion, these were mucho delicioso! They're also perfect to bake at this time of the year since the tosca reminds me of falling leaves. I would definitely give 10/10 for this recipe. I just can't stop loving muffins/cup cakes. They're such a easy to make, usually the structure is perfect and moist and they're oh so cute looking! :3

Next time we're gonna have something special here. All I can reveal is that there's going to be chocolate and as far as I'm concerned, it's probably the best piece I have ever baked! So have a exciting and chictastic time until then!

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti